Sunday 16 March 2014

Saturday's Family Get Together

Good afternoon!!
I hope everyone is enjoying their last day of the weekend! I know I am!
Yesterday was such a lovely day with family. I was looking forward to it all week. I love getting together with my family; they all make my day! My Aunt Gail had an amazing meal for us and her home is always welcoming.

My mom and I made some party crackers for the get together, and they were a hit! 
I thought I would share the recipe with you!

What you will need:

1 box of saltine crackers
1 ½ cups canola oil
1 package dry ranch seasoning
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper (depends on how spicy you want them)

Directions:

Put the crackers in a large sealable bowl, and make sure to put all four sleeves of the crackers (we used the ones with the salted tops). Add the powdered ranch dressing, 2 tablespoons of red pepper, and then pour the oil evenly around the crackers. Lightly mix the mixture with a spatula being very careful not to break them. Seal the bowl with the lid and then every couple hours turn the container upside down gently and around to coat the crackers. The crackers will not be soggy despite what you might think. And that’s it! Easy as pie!
They are amazing!!




For the meal at my aunts, she made an AMAZING chicken casserole dish. 
It was so filling, and so good! It was the perfect meal all around. 
Paired with a side salad and a fresh baguette, I was running back for seconds! 
She was nice enough to lend me the recipe to share with everyone. 
Enjoy!


My Aunt Gail said it was very easy to make. 
You have to try it!!





XO

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! The food looks delicious and delectable- I have to make these recipes this week. Also, I love the plate on the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did! We had a blast! Let me know when you make the recipes! I love getting feedback!
      And my Aunt Gail always has the prettiest plates and decor! I'll have to let her know that you said that!
      xo

      Delete
  2. I've had those crackers before, they were a little bit different but soooooo good. I had forgotten about the recipe until now! The casserole looks equally as good!

    ReplyDelete